Re: New 2.4.27-2 kernel and d-i images available for sparc - testers wanted

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Peter Dey wrote:

Hi Matt,

I am reading about your Ultra 10 problem and must admit that I find it
surprising, as my Ultra 10 worked right in 2.4.xx and 2.6.xx, all the
way up to 2.6.10

The problem I'm having is I can't get the Sarge netinst CD to boot.
I can't remember off the top of my head what kernel image they're using in the Sarge Netinst cds...

The current kernels in the sid_d-i daily images are 2.4.27-2. However the problems you are experiencing are most likely not specific to this kernel version. According to Joshua Kwan, the problem with these symptoms has been around for a very long time. Unfortunately, it is triggered rather rarely, which makes it pretty hard to do anything. If you can reproduce it with a netboot image on your machine, we could try and cook up one with some extra debugging output from the kernel and/or silo...

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org