ultra 5 framebuffer problem

Hi,

I have a strange problem with Sun Ultra 5. I was using a plain
old philips 104b display. Everything worked fine. Now i was given a
brand new Fujitsu 15" CRT. A strange thing happens. When the system
boots the OpenProm is displayed correctrly, then silo apears and linux
starts to boot. But then the display goes blank.
When i log in remotely and do "startx" the dispaly comes back.
To Fujitsu is 100% fine. It works perfectly with mine PC.

I figure it may have something to do with the vesafb.
But then - why does the x11 works fine ?
How can I change the fb resolution in silo.
Adding append="vga=0x101" etc doesnt help.

I would be thankful for some help.

gausus

--
[ ---< Maciej Jan Broniarz || gausus@wpia.uw.edu.pl >---- ]
| Siamo qui \ sotto la stessa luce \ sotto la sua croce \ |