Re: Debian on Sparc 4 - woody to sarge - some progress

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Patrick Morris wrote:

Have you tried "modprobe sunhme" ?

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005, Steve Lewis wrote:

I see under the /lib/module/2.2.x directory there is no sunhme.o, yet
there is under /lib/modules/2.4.x/kernel/drivers/net ... doesn't
sunhme.o take care of my eth0 interface? ... or not as the case maybe

Yes, the network card drivers used to be compiled into the kernel in 2.2.20, but are available as modules in 2.4. From previous postings it is clear that you have a Sun Lance network card, so the command to activate it should be 'modprobe sunlance', not sunhme. You can also add the name of the module (sunlance, that is) to /etc/modules, so it is automatically loaded on every boot.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org