Re: Possible heisenbug? (Was: Serial console on Ultra10 - no login-prompt)

2005-04-12 kl. 20.19 skrev Eric Brower:

If your console is on a sunsab serial port (I'm not sure about the
Ultra10), you are seeing the same issue I've worked-around a bit but
there is no proper fix as of yet.  See:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ultrasparc&m=111263847715665&w=2

Hi Eric,

My console is on a sunsab serial port, so I gave your patch a try, Unfortunately, it wouldn't boot, or well, it booted alright, but it seemed there was some problems with runlevel switching, it never entered runlevel 2. I'm not sure wether this has to do with the patch or not, since I experienced big delays earlier with 2.6-kernels. I think I'll stick to 2.4-kernels for now :)

Thanks for your input though, and hopefully you'll find a way around this problem :)

// Olle Görling
    olle@gorling.net