Re: support for DBRI

Am Freitag, 24. September 2004 17:58 schrieb Martin Habets:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 12:38:17PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > I know that in linux-2.4, there is a dbri kernel module. Does it actually
> > work? With google, I found out that it only supports basic playing of
> > audio, nothing else. With linux-2.6, it is actually not present anymore
> > (but linux-2.6 is unusable anyway).
>
> I'm using playback on the 2.4.26-sparc32 kernel from Debian. From what I
> remember it doesn't handle all formats, but other than that I have no
> problem with playback. Have never tried other things, like recording.

I tried loading the dbri module with modprobe but get the following:
# modprobe dbri
/lib/modules/2.4.26-sparc32-smp/kernel/drivers/sbus/audio/dbri.o: init_module:
Input/output error
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.26-sparc32-smp/kernel/drivers/sbus/audio/dbri.o:
insmod /lib/modules/2.4.26-sparc32-smp/kernel/drivers/sbus/audio/dbri.o
failed
/lib/modules/2.4.26-sparc32-smp/kernel/drivers/sbus/audio/dbri.o: insmod dbri
failed

Looking up the cause in dmesg reveals the following lines:
DBRI: Chip never completed command buffer
DBRI: Multiple Error Ack on SBus
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT
DBRI: Chip never acked WAIT

I have this box that I mentioned earlier. I opened it and it contains a CS4215
chip. Maybe it is not the right one for my SS20? The light on that box is on,
so I guess that I did not plug it into the line printer connector...

HS

        oder über pgp.net