Re: support for DBRI

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 12:38:17PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> I know that in linux-2.4, there is a dbri kernel module. Does it actually
> work? With google, I found out that it only supports basic playing of audio,
> nothing else. With linux-2.6, it is actually not present anymore (but
> linux-2.6 is unusable anyway).

I'm using playback on the 2.4.26-sparc32 kernel from Debian. From what I
remember it doesn't handle all formats, but other than that I have no
problem with playback. Have never tried other things, like recording.

I'm currently trying to port the dbri driver to 2.6 Alsa, though it's slow
going.

> Is there anywhere outside of the kernel DBRI ISDN support for a
> SparcStation20?

Do you have the audioctl tool? (package sparc-utils)
What functionality are you looking for other than audio playback?

--
Martin
30 years from now GNU/Linux will be as redundant a term as UNIX/MERT is