Re: support for DBRI

Am Freitag, 24. September 2004 17:58 schrieb Martin Habets:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 12:38:17PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > I know that in linux-2.4, there is a dbri kernel module. Does it actually
> > work? With google, I found out that it only supports basic playing of
> > audio, nothing else. With linux-2.6, it is actually not present anymore
> > (but linux-2.6 is unusable anyway).
>
> I'm using playback on the 2.4.26-sparc32 kernel from Debian. From what I
> remember it doesn't handle all formats, but other than that I have no
> problem with playback. Have never tried other things, like recording.

Ok, see below...

> I'm currently trying to port the dbri driver to 2.6 Alsa, though it's slow
> going.

Great :)

> > Is there anywhere outside of the kernel DBRI ISDN support for a
> > SparcStation20?
>
> Do you have the audioctl tool? (package sparc-utils)

No, but I'll install it ASAP :)

> What functionality are you looking for other than audio playback?

Actually ISDN but that's probably not going to happen ;)
With dbri sound, I have an external box with an "Axil" text an the back (Model
A13032). I didn't test sound output, yet, but probably do so this weekend.
The box has line-in, line-out, ear-phone connector and mic-in. Line-in and
mic-in would be nice but I do not really need it.

Have fun...

Hendrik

        oder über pgp.net