E250, Raptor gfx, kernel 2.6: questions...

   I have sarge installed on an Enterprise 250 with a Raptor GFX video
board, and it works fine with a 2.4 kernel.

   2.6 kernels are another matter. At first I could get no video out
of the thing (although it booted fine and I could SSH into it). I've
been working with the Linux pm2fb maintainer, and he now has it to the
point where we have video at least (but there are still problems with
graphics).

   When I try to run X under a 2.6 kernel (currently 2.6.9) it fails
(segfaults) at the point where it should be scanning the PCI
bus. We're beginning to think that this isn't a framebuffer problem,
but rather a problem in X itself. Anyone know of any problems with X
under sparc64 with 2.6 kernels? I'm using the current sarge X
packages.

Thanks,

 .....Ron

--