Re: stop-a

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Jurzitza, Dieter wrote:

> -> I can only say: the default ought to be "off"

I'd respectfully disagree.  Speaking as someone who came to Sparc Linux from
a Solaris background (which I'd venture to guess puts me in the majority
of Sparc Linux users), having Stop-A behave the same way it does on
Solaris is a good, predictable kind of thing.

Really, if someone's concerned that a random visitor is going to come up
and hit Stop-A, his servers aren't in a physically secure enough
location.  There are a lot of worse things that can happen if someone
clueless or malicious has physical access to your machines.