woody to sarge

Hi!

I instled woody on a sunblade150, following:

http://www.de-brauwer.be/docs/debian_on_sun.html

i need it as a mail server, so i need clamav,
mailscanner. (by the way, how i configure exim4 to do
this?)

i need sarge, so i modified my source.list and make
dist-upgrade. At some point of this step it ask to
modify the locales, i said NO, but when it finish, my
keyboard is mesed up, is useless. So i need to
reinstall woody and begin all again.

How can i avoid this? (dist-upgrade change the
keyboard)

or how i can change it again? boot from cd and rescue?
what i have to change to recober my us keyboard?

Thanks.