Re: HELP

> If it got to "init 3", then it mounted to root filesystem. Why is it
> going to stage 3 though? Normal boot is stage 2.

It seems to have mounted the filesystem ok, just not read-write.

Mirko's workaround got me a bootable machine but I suspect that this
will continue to cause problems.

I notice that apt-get is holding back quite a few packages just now.
Are others also experiencing this?  Is there any way (bar uninstalling a
lot of current packages) that I can get these to update or are we
waiting for more packages to hit the "unstable" tree before these can be
updated?

Again, any help would be much appreciated,

Euan.

sparc:~# apt-get -u upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  gnome-applets gnome-control-center gnome-panel-data gnumeric
kappfinder kate
  kcalc kcoloredit kcontrol kdeaddons kdeartwork kdeartwork-style
  kdeartwork-theme-window kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-kio-plugins
kdelibs
  kdelibs-bin kdelibs4 kdelibs4-dev kdeprint kdesktop kdm kfind
khelpcenter
  kicker klipper kmenuedit konqueror konqueror-nsplugins konsole kpager
  kpersonalizer kscreensaver ksmserver ksplash kstars ksysguard
ksysguardd
  ktip kview kwin libarts1 libarts1-dev libdbi-perl libenchant1 libkonq4
  libldap2 libmetacity0 libxcursor-dev libxcursor1 libxft-dev libxft2
  libxrender-dev libxrender1 ntp-simple quanta r-base-core render-dev
umbrello
  vim x-window-system-core xbase-clients xlibmesa-gl-dev
xlibmesa-glu-dev
  xlibmesa3 xlibs xlibs-dev xlibs-pic xterm
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 70 not upgraded.