Re: Seagate Barracuda drives for SparcStation20

In article <[🔎] 20040308194115.GA3405@artsapartment.org> ahaas@airmail.net writes:
>Barracuda drives, each 9G in size. The model number is ST19171WC.

If you can get one to fit in your sparc 20, it should work fine.  I've
had mixed experince with seagate drives, (some had high infant
mortality) and none with that model.  You may be able to use it in the
upper slot with the cover off.

Cases designed for sca drives are wide, so you would need an adapter
cable.  You could use a case designed for narrow with a sca-50pin
adapter, but they sometimes fall off and you need a little extra room
in the case.

Since www.surpluscomputers.com has 9 gig sca 1" high drives for $10, I
think that would be the cheapest and easiest solution.  (Disclaimer:
While I'm a reasonably satisified customer, I've never mail ordered
from them.)

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html