Re: Sparc d-i status

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:23:34AM -0500, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 11:26, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > > Hmm...  Why don't we just use parted for now, until a better solution
> > > comes around?  It's in the archive, and AFAICT supports Sparc.  (ia64
> > > uses it right now, too)
>
> > I know it supports sparc. I worked a long time ago to get the sun
> > partition support into that.
>
> Nice!

> > > Right.  Any takers? =)
> >
> > Obviously, that's a "me" :)
>
> Actually, I had been hoping that since we have grub-installer to model
> after, this should be in the category "things anyone who cares about
> Sparc" can do, as opposed to the "benc and davem are the only ones with
> a clue how to fix this" category... =)  Your call, though.

Not sure what this has to do with Dave, but it's in the category of "I'm
the silo maintainer, let me handle it, rather than letting someone else
do it and end up asking me tons of questions or not getting it right the
first time".

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/