Re: Sparc d-i status

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 04:22:34PM +0100, Thomas Poindessous wrote:

> > I also remember (was it Thomas?  Blars? hmmm...) mentioning that the
> > fdisk udeb wasn't getting loaded for some reason.  I'm hoping that the
> > whole partman thing will make this silently go away before we get there.
>
> in fact, there is no fdisk-udeb for sparc (bug #228444 ), and there is
> no support for sparc in partitioner ( bug #228518).

Lovely!  I've applied the patch in 228518 to CVS and marked it pending.
(It obviously still needs fdisk-udeb).

Hmm...  Why don't we just use parted for now, until a better solution
comes around?  It's in the archive, and AFAICT supports Sparc.  (ia64
uses it right now, too)

> we also need a silo-installer

Right.  Any takers? =)

Tks,