Re: ss20 hypersparc smp update

> 2.4.21 definitely works.... try using the following kernel config file:
> -
>
> http://www2.david-web.co.uk/download/config-2.4.21-ss10+20-smp
> [copy it in, then do make oldconfig before compiling]
>
> I have 2.4.21 compiled with this config running perfectly on a SS20 SMP.
> If this doesn't work for you, it must be a problem with your compiler or
> other system stuff.

what cpu modules do you have installed?

if you search the archive of this list, there will be one or two
discussions about hypersparc modules in sparcstations.
everytime i had the same conclusion: hypersparc modules that have more
than 256k cache don't run in 2.4.x smp with x<=20.
for me the problem was even dependant of the memory installed - with
16megs there was no problem, with more than 64megs the problems began.

so if you say 2.4.21 runs on such configurations i probably should give it
another try.

thanks
emanuel