Re: ss20 hypersparc smp update

On Thursday 25 Sep 2003 17:59, Heitzso wrote:
> I thrashed the 2.4.x smp kernels again most of the
> day yesterday, trying to stick close to 2.4.21 version
> since it was reported to be fairly stable.  Always
> something trashed on the way up.  Close perhaps, but
> never all the way up.

2.4.21 definitely works.... try using the following kernel config file: -

http://www2.david-web.co.uk/download/config-2.4.21-ss10+20-smp
[copy it in, then do make oldconfig before compiling]

I have 2.4.21 compiled with this config running perfectly on a SS20 SMP.
If this doesn't work for you, it must be a problem with your compiler or other
system stuff.

David.