2.6 on a Netra T1

Hi!

I am wrestling with kernel 2.6.0-test5 on a netra T1 with serial
console. I am using sarge, and some packages from sid (see below).
There are three problems:
0. I am using sarge because it will be stable real soon now (TM),
and I guess that I will be stable at that time too. Are there
any known problems with it beyond the lvm problem below?
1. lvm. lvm from sarge does not work with either version 4 ioctls
turned on or off. I am using the sid version here. Anyway, the sid
version is way more intelligent. Do we have a chance to see a working
lvm in sarge? How to achieve that?
2. init. It seems that init have some really serious problems. It
does not want to run. When I boot with init=/bin/bash, and run
/etc/init.d/rcS and /etc/init.d/rc 2 by hand, the system starts
fine. When I boot with init=/bin/bash, and do an exec init,
the system hangs with no output. When I boot with init=/bin/bash,
and run some of the scripts from /etc/rcS.d, and then exec /sbin/init,
I see that some of the scripts run, but somewhere at nviboot I get
a kernel panic. The panic is always the same, a NULL pointer
dereference with symbols like synchronize_irq, uart_shutdown,
uart_hangup.
Any ideas for that one?

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból