Re: best version of debian-sparc to use?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Johnson" <dj@david-web.co.uk>
To: <debian-sparc@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: best version of debian-sparc to use?

> ***** charles wrote:
>
> >RedHat version and the Debian Sparc version
> >bombed because of an error in the scsi sub-
> >system, got an esp0 unending loop off the
> >scsi bus.
> >

> Could that be something un-terminated? Have you tried it without the
> external CD-ROM (booting from a floppy or network)?

The old Apple (Sony) external cdroms have big external
terminators, hard to miss.  The machine has no floppy and
I have have a local lan but nothing is set up for booting
from a net connection.  I would have to study up on this
just to try it.  I was hoping that Debian-Sparc 3.0r1 would
support my particular hardware configuration but maybe
not.  Seems the ZX frame buffer is the killer.  If anyone
knows about the scsi looping error on install, I would
like to hear.

charles......