Please help: HappyMeal Bug

I am experiencing the HappyMeal bug on my Ultra 1.... The one that renders
my Sun box unpingable after a seemingly random time period.

I have two .patch files, but I don't have a clue how to apply them... I
assume they go into the kernel somewhere, but haven't never touched a
kernel, I'm clueless.

Can anyone offer any help on this??

This problem has also been posted on UnixForum.co.uk, but doesn't yet have
any replies, so feel free to reply on there.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Richard Hobbs
http://mongeese.co.uk | http://fishsponge.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers

Send all your jokes to: jokes@fishsponge.co.uk !!