Re: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems

On 03/21/2002 04:34:15 PM +0800, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
I'm still happily running 2.4.x on a sparc5 and an ss10, both
production machines; the sparc5 seems to currently the peak of "cheap

er, please tell us how.  To date i (and several others on this list) have
had major hassles getting 2.4.x running on non ultra sparcs.
even if you tell me  a kernel version and send me a /boot/config I'll be
happy.  I *really* want journalling support.  and iptables.  and raid ...
and ... and ...  *smile*

Well:

baxter:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : Texas Instruments, Inc. - SuperSparc-(II)
fpu             : SuperSparc on-chip FPU
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 2
prom            : 2.25
type            : sun4m
ncpus probed    : 2