Re: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 08:48:59PM -0600, Matthew Twomey wrote:
> So this makes me curious... Do most Debian sparc packages have this -mv8
> option enabled? Should they?

Our compiler defaults to -mv7, and we compile for that target to support
sun4c machines.

I may post-woody, consider switching to -mv8 as the default. All depends
on how well maintained the sparc32 support in the kernel becomes.

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '