Re: SILO wasn't able to install

Aha. My disk is 4.3G, and I just made one large root partition for it.
That must be the problem.

I normally do make a small boot partition, but I had some problems when
I did this with the Sparc. For one thing, in the install fdisk I
couldn't find an option to toggle the bootable flag, which I normally do
for my boot partition. Does this not apply in the Debian Sparc install
or what?

Also, after I got the drive partitioned when I tried creating a separate
partition for boot, I got a lot of errors about the system not knowing
where my root partition was supposed to be. Creating just one big
partition seemed to make that problem go away.

/Owen

--
Owen B. Mehegan (owen@nerdnetworks.org)
http://www.nerdnetworks.org