Questions regarding craphic(s) at SparcSTATION5

Goodday everyone!

Well, I was about to post a message just a few minutues ago,
regarding how to change the X Windows System resolution on a
SparcSTATION5. but seince I made it with

(prom)

setenv ourput-device screen:r1280x1024x67

... I now have a beautiful desktiop. There's a _huge_ monitor, you see.

So when the resolution is done, is there _any_ way to get a higher level
of color depth?
This is like, what to say... "pseudo color" , the active window has 256
colors, and the background(s) turn pretty ugly.
(This, the color part, has not changed seince I switched to the 1280x1024
resolution, tough)

So, how do I do.

If there is to help, the graphic card in this machine is:

  ------------
 |            |
 | STP3010PGA |
 | TURBOXGX   |

As far as I know it is made by Sun Microsystems, with it's logotype on it.

So,  there's a SparcSTATIION5, 110 MHz model, 32 Mb RAM...

Can anyone help me on this...
This computer is _totally amazing_ compared to my previos i386 PC, but it
would be nice to have a higher level of color dwpth...

Thanks and regards!

/  Daniel Lönn
( www.novusordo.cjb.net)