Re: SPARCstation LX boot problem

Hi.

> The way I understand it is the machine gets it's name from the rarp request
> then uses dns to do a lookup and get it's ip address, is that right?

My Ultra1 sends out a RARP request with its MAC address and gets its IP
address by the RARP server. Than it does a tftp request with its IP
address (no DNS lookups by the client - this isn't possible at this
stage as the client only knows the IP address, but not the network
address, default gateways or DNS servers).

On the tftp server I have set up links from the image to XXXXXXXX,
where XXXXXXXX is the client's IP address in hex, all upper case. No
.SUN4U or similar.

That works fine.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)