Re: debian / solaris

Going in that direction, it will be hard not to get, as you asked
before, into the SUN/pkg vs. dpkg (or rpm or ...) discussion.

Just to give you an idea of what we wanted (I repeat, I failed this
task):

- seperate the blast from the system's goal
- permits independant installation and run of concurrent set of packages
- easy roll-up / roll-back of two concurrent running sets of packaging

More details:
- We looked at SUN pkg and prefered dpkg.
- Then blasting production a system was made by usual scripts  and SUN
  pkg, including a home made SUN pkg of dpkg.
- And the rest (our home made products + GNU tools dependencies) were
  managed by dpkg

Cheers,
Loïc.