Sparc Ultra 10 Potato keyboard setup

    Hi friends,

    First of all, i would like to say thanks to your helpfull e-mails. They put
me on the rigth way to solve my keyboard and mouse problems.
    I already solved the mouse trouble. After a lot of racking, I readed in
Debian-sparc list that a french guy had the same problem and solved it just
removing the GPM program. I did it  and made the sunmouse device again and my
mouse became OK.
    But unfortunately my keyboard is still bad configured, even after a couple
of strugle days of work on it. Following Gabor's tip, a instaled xkeycaps, and
after setup de mouse a was able to try to configure the keyboard. At a first
moment i found out that it was a Sun type 5/PC (because of it lay-out) but the
keys remained unconfigured. The  keyboard test screem of xkeycaps shown that
there were erros on keyboard configuration. So a tryed to configure de
/etc/X11/XF86Config using the Crumley's tip as is writen bellow. In fact, a just
changed de XkbRules to sun, the XkbModel to type5 and the XkbLayout to us. I
din't change the identifier, driver and option corekeyboard because i didn't
find it on file. After change those settings I tryed the xkeycaps test screen
again and the keyboard was correctly identified as type 5/PC keyboards (the
rigth leters appears on test screen as they were pressed on keyboard). So a
saved this configuration and modified the /root/.bashrc file to load
/root/.xmodmap during the login process.  So i though i had solved my problem
but i realized that the keys configurations still remains wrong in the X
enviroment even after the xmodmap file had been loaded during the X Windows load
process.
    I beg your pardon if i am anoying you with these questions but i already
lost a lot of time to solve these problems. I had i Slink on this machine and i
never thougth that Potato install process would be so complicaded. I have been
using Potato on my personal computer at home and i had no any problem with it.
Anymay i'm very disapointed with this Potato Sparc. It seems that Debian people
don't care about testing the OS to these machines.
    Best regards,

    Renato Guedes