Re: Netra && Linux

* Eiji Ota <eiji@fsc.fujitsu.com> [010118 18:12]:
> The price of Netra X1 sounds so attractive to me, and it's a pity
> it uses different chips. But I have patience with a bit hope.;)

You'll have to be patient anyways... I spoke with a Sun sales rep on the
phone this morning (when they finally called me back), and she said that
it wasn't actually shipping until March 6th or 7th or so.

> When I checked the pdf file in
> www.sun.com/netra/whitepapers/NetraX1.pdf, I found Netra X1 doesn't
> have any U2Ps and any UPA buses and I was surprised.  Is it right ?
> UltraSPARCIIe can handle a PCI bus directly without a bridge chip ?
> If so, actually the architecture is different from what I'm familiar
> with.

Hmm... having not seen or played with one, I'm not too terribly sure
about it, but if memory serves me, it's got something like a VIA
southbridge on it.