Re: glibc 2.1.1 linking problems

    Ben> Bingo, glibc 2.1.1 requires a 2.2 kernel. The 2.2 kernels run
    Ben> better on sparc anyway. IPX is sun4c correct? If so then you
    Ben> can use the stock 2.2.5 source and the glibc 2.1.1 should
    Ben> work just fine.

New data point for you: glibc2.1.1 *still* fails with a stock 2.2.6
kernel on my SS5-170 at home.

The 170 is, however, special in it's MMU configuration (Derrick only
added 170 support to the 2.0 kernels around 2.0.3[56]).  I can
probably test it on an SS5-110 at work that is currently a stock
Debian 2.1 system, but I was keeping that box clean to use for
securing NMUs etc.  Does glibc2.1 require any other packages to be
upgraded, e.g. sysvinit?

Alternatively, I can try the latest cvs kernel, but how bleeding edge
do we want to be?

--
Stephen
---