Broken loop device

Hi all,

I recently tried to install Debian "slink" (2.1) on a Sun Sparcstation SLC.
The machine should boot up from the net - so it has NO disks attached and
NO floppy drives.
The tftpboot-image just boots up fine! (But I suggest to include a hint to
this mechanism in the official installation documents!) :-)
Both the sources (from Debian's ftp server) and the filesystems to be used
later are exported via NFS from a Sun Enterprise 450. After "playing
around with it" a bit I figured out that memory was completely filled up,
as (after several usages) every command issued on the shell results in
a "segmentation fault"... So I connected a SCSI disk to the SLC wich
is to be used as a (temporarily) swap device during installation. This
seems to be working, too.
But let me explain my file system structure on the server: As mentioned
above, everything is exported via NFS from a Sun Enterprise 450 running
Solaris 2.6. There are only two NFS partitions for the client (Sun
Sparcstation SLC): a root filesystem and a /usr-filesystem (both empty).
After I got how it's working, I selected the option "Install Operating System
Kernel and Modules". The source for installation is NFS. And yes, I'm sure
I've set the "root" and "rw" options for the NFS share... ;-)))
But here, after a short while, the SLC hangs with a window on its screen
saying "Broken loop device detected. Copying resc1440.bin to local before
processing..."
I can't start a shell on the other console after this happens, so I'm
quite helpless.
Can anyone explain to me why this happens, please?? Thanks...

If you're questioning yourself why the SLC has no drives at all
(apart from the swap disk, which will be removed after installtion is
finished. The swappimg then will hopefully go via NFS as qwell):
I try to set up the SLC as an X-terminal...

Thanks in advance for any hints!!

--
cya
	ANDI