Re: glibc 2.1 is now on master in my homedir

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 02:18:22PM +1000, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> >
> > > Terrible that we will need to predepend on a kernel version for glibc
> > > 2.1.1 though. This also means we need to make a cvs source package for
> > > sparc kernels. IIRC, the vger cvs is also for powerpc so maybe we can
> > > have this for that arch aswell.
> >
> > >From memory sparc vfork arrived in 2.2.4 and will be fixed in the mainstream
> > kernel whenever the next merge is done. So assuming you don't ship these
> > range of kernels all will be OK.
> >
> > There is no need to make a cvs source package unless you can't wait for
> > the merge.

> If that's the case, I've already tested the 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 from the
> cvs, which means it's still broke :)

> The reason I say to use the cvs is that it is always more up to date
> for sparc than the Linus kernel, even tho some parts of it (like added
> drivers) aren't as stable.

Ok, I've had some success now with a 2.2.5-cvs kernel. Unfortunately
there are a few variables that I haven't nailed down - I had a keymap
problem without knowing it, so I have to go back and try the stock 2.2.5
kernel tomorrow.

I'm running sysvinit_2.76-3 and /dev/ptmx does not exist.

Just tried the stock 2.2.5 kernel, it doesn't work. (Seems to wedge on
module loading.)  So, apparently you need a 2.2.5 CVS kernel.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu