Re: glibc 2.1 is now on master in my homedir

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 02:18:22PM +1000, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > Terrible that we will need to predepend on a kernel version for glibc
> > 2.1.1 though. This also means we need to make a cvs source package for
> > sparc kernels. IIRC, the vger cvs is also for powerpc so maybe we can
> > have this for that arch aswell.
>
> >From memory sparc vfork arrived in 2.2.4 and will be fixed in the mainstream
> kernel whenever the next merge is done. So assuming you don't ship these
> range of kernels all will be OK.
>
> There is no need to make a cvs source package unless you can't wait for
> the merge.

If that's the case, I've already tested the 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 from the
cvs, which means it's still broke :)

The reason I say to use the cvs is that it is always more up to date
for sparc than the Linus kernel, even tho some parts of it (like added
drivers) aren't as stable.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation