Re: [SUMMARY] Divergance with LSB spec

Manoj Srivastava writes:
> >>"Mark" == Mark Johnson <mark@phy.duke.edu> writes:
>
>  Mark> Feedback is encouraged.
>
> 	Are you dropping support for the layout described in
>  /usr/share/doc/sgml-base/sgml_layout.txt.gz ? I think dropping
>  support would be a shame.

Hi Manoj,

Please understand that my role here is _only_ to collect information
from people like yourself and to (soon) summarize it all in proposal
form, for the purpose of implementing the new xml/sgml spec in
debian. Dropping or adding support of any kind will of require some
sort of consensus by all interested debian parties.

That said, here are some issues in sgml_layout.txt.gz that have yet to
be discussed:

A. Mapping of FPIs to paths (or symlinks). For example:

   "-//IETF//DTD HTML Level 3//EN//3.0"

    -->   /usr/share/sgml/IETF/dtd/HTML_Level_3.0

  In the rationale for sec R001 of the spec
  (see http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/debian/sgml/bischoff/rationale/overr001.html)
  it is recommended that this structure be dropped. Since we're trying
  to stick to the spec wherever possible, I supppose we should drop
  support for this. Opinions?

B. Notations:

   Not really addressed in the spec, but we could treat the general
   (i.e. non-dtd-specific) notations much like declarations and put
   them in a top-level subdirectory of /usr/share/sgml:

	/usr/share/sgml/
			declaration/
			entities/
			notation/
			misc/

  However, I have yet to see a notations directory in the current
  setup in /usr/lib/sgml/. Looks like it's not at all needed. BTW, the
  spec does imply that notations would go in a directory with a
  package-based name, and thus would only arise from a package of
  notations. I say we can ignore notations for now.

Were there other parts to the sgml_layout that you were referring to?

Mark