Re: packaging questions: docbook-xsl-stylesheets

/ Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> was heard to say:
| >  These are the files in bin/:
| >
| >  chunk.pl (a script)
| >  dbart.xml
| >  dbchunk.xml
| >  dbref.xml
| >  dingbat.pl
| >  docbook.pl
| >  removexmlns.pl
| >
| > Roughly how they work:
| >
| >  - chunk.pl calls the xml files as chunking config files.
| >
| >  - *.xml files call the other perl files.
| >
| > (I use the chunking stylesheets, so I never use chunk.pl)
| >
| > Does chunk.pl go in /usr/bin?
|
| Yes, it should, unless there's no reason why a user would ever call
| these directly, in which case, use /usr/share/xsl-stylesheets

I'd put it under xsl-stylesheets. And now that almost all the XSLT
processors support chunking directly, I'm not sure how much sense it
really makes to keep it around...

| > Then again, since they're all arch-indep, packaging would be easier if
| > they could stay where they are -- in the bin directory next to the
| > other stylesheet subdirs in
| >
| >  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.29/
|
| I would not suggest using a versioned directory, really -- is that
| required by the spec?  It shouldn't be versioned because people can
| only have one at a time installed (unlike the legacy old docbook or
| HTML dtds and such).

Why can people only have one installed?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm