Re: packaging questions: docbook-xsl-stylesheets

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> | I would not suggest using a versioned directory, really -- is that
> | required by the spec?  It shouldn't be versioned because people can
> | only have one at a time installed (unlike the legacy old docbook or
> | HTML dtds and such).
>
> Why can people only have one installed?

Why does it make sense to have xsl-stylesheets version 1.28 and 1.29
and 1.30, etc installed?

I don't like this idea because it's pure package bloat.  You'd have to
have packages with names like xsl-stylesheets-1.29_1.29-1 or something
with each release, it would be a new package, and the number of
packages would grow forever and never shrink.