Re: Checking for services to be restarted on a default Debian installation

Le 07/09/2014 10:54, Paul Wise a écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM, David Prévot wrote:

>> How does it work if the upgrade run in the background? Will all needed
>> service be restarted without asking? (If so, the gdm3 restart issue may
>> be a blocker).
>
> Not sure what you mean by 'in the background'

I meant if a tool that take care of upgrading automatically packages in
the background (e.g., unattended-upgrades) is installed and running.

> but there is an option
> to automatically restart services, the default is to ask (via debconf)
> for each service, defaulting each package to restart.

That’s another annoying thing: even if it looks like a debconf screen,
it doesn’t seem to offer it’s advantages, and doesn’t seem translated
nor translatable (which is a must according to policy 3.9.1). That
package seems pretty young, not much used (comparing its popcon with the
unattended-upgrades’ one), and even if its goal is valuable, I’m not
convinced that pushing it into the default install less than two months
before the freeze is really a good idea.

Maybe the maintainers could have shed some light, but maybe they’re not
even aware of this thread.

Regards

David