Re: Checking for services to be restarted on a default Debian installation

Le 07/09/2014 02:07, Paul Wise a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

> In jessie there is also whatmaps. The results from checkrestart seem
> to be different to needrestart in many cases, since the latter ignores
> some services that are problematic/impossible to restart (like
> gdm/dbus or any programs running in user sessions).

It doesn’t seem to work as expected: it defaults to restart gdm3 where I
stand.

>> My questions to this list:
>> - Do people agree that this would be something that's good to have in a
>> default installation? Are there drawbacks?

Not restarting by default the DM seems to be nice thing to have.
How does it work if the upgrade run in the background? Will all needed
service be restarted without asking? (If so, the gdm3 restart issue may
be a blocker).

Regards

David