Re: Debians security features in comparison to Ubuntu

Hello,

Le 17 mai 2014 à 17:34, Richard van den Berg a écrit :

> Joel Rees wrote On 17-05-14 03:19:
>>> He gave me a link to the following site: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Features
>> None of the meaningful items in that list are unavailable on Debian, and
>> the defaults are reasonably secure in Debian.
>
> I might be misinterpreting your definition of "meaningful", but I have been looking for a public entropy source for my Debian system for quite a while. If you can point me to the Debian equivalent of pollinate and https://entropy.ubuntu.com/ that would be highly appreciated.

Isn't it a better idea to use local entropy generators such as haveged instead of online ones ?
I'm quite disturbed about using a online (and moreover third-party) service to improve security of a local system. In my sense, this requires a huge level of trust towards the considered service.

In term of usage, i personally tested haveged on my servers to generate various GPG keys and it performs remarkably well.

Best regards
Emmanuel Thierry