Re: Debians security features in comparison to Ubuntu

Emmanuel Thierry wrote On 17-05-14 18:37:
Isn't it a better idea to use local entropy generators such as haveged instead of online ones ?

Haveged is great, but IMHO it cannot replace a hardware PRNG.

I'm quite disturbed about using a online (and moreover third-party) service to improve security of a local system. In my sense, this requires a huge level of trust towards the considered service.

I agree with you, but one can argue that increasing the entropy of a system by using an online service provided by the same organization that distributes the software of that system does not decrease the overall security of that system.

Kind regards,

Richard