[OT] Release cycle - was Re: My machine was hacked - possibly via sshd?

David Pastern wrote:

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 20:34 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
You're not the first person to observe that woody's getting a bit long in
the tooth.  We're working on a new release, an no amount of aimless
commentary on the symptom is going to solve the problems.

I know.  Firstly though, it's not aimless, it's absolutely valid.  Just
because you don't like to hear something doesn't mean it's not valid.
The only way to fix a problem is for everyone to discuss it, and that
means the users and not just the developers.

I completely agree that this needs to be discussed, but is a Debian security list the right forum?

It's clear that Debian is used for different purposes and one size might not fit all. Personally I like long release cycles. I can't stand constantly tinkering with my systems. I've got better things to do with my time, such as using it for its intended purpose or having time to do other things.

Malc