Re: My machine was hacked - possibly via sshd?

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 20:34 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:02:55PM +1000, David Pastern wrote:
> > Redhat/Fedora/Suse/Mandrake are just plain silliness.  However - there
> > is a big difference between a one year release cycle, and the fact that
> > it's been nearly 3 years since the release of Woody.  That's a huge
>
> You're not the first person to observe that woody's getting a bit long in
> the tooth.  We're working on a new release, an no amount of aimless
> commentary on the symptom is going to solve the problems.

I know.  Firstly though, it's not aimless, it's absolutely valid.  Just
because you don't like to hear something doesn't mean it's not valid.
The only way to fix a problem is for everyone to discuss it, and that
means the users and not just the developers.  Otherwise, Debian is just
for the developers, and will continue to lose users to other distros
that consider their needs better.  True, I don't have to use Debian, but
I like apt-get and could never go back to rpm.

> Please, for the sake of the list, start a blog and make your comments there.
>
> > Libranet The TOP Libranet distribution
>
> You'd hope so.  I'd be a bit disturbed if Fedora was the TOP Libranet
> distribution... <grin>

<grin> so would I!  That gave me a good laugh Matt, ta :-)

> - Matt

Proud Libranet GNU/Linux user
Libranet The TOP Libranet distribution
http://www.libranet.com/
Download your free trial of Libranet 2.8.1 today!