Re: My machine was hacked - possibly via sshd?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:16:31AM +1000, David Pastern wrote:
> And this, in reality, is why Woody is so old.  I cannot imagine any
> other distro providing such an old kernel.

You've got cause and effect mixed up.  Debian is not outdated *because*
we support ancient versions of software.  We support ancient versions of
software because we are outdated.  No distribution provides support for
their development branch before their stable branch.

It's not like Debian isn't aware of it's excruciatingly slow release
cycle, either.  See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/03/msg00012.html for
evidence of some rather drastic changes being considered in an attempt
to fix the problem.

noah