Re: Quality of security assurance with Debian vs. RedHat vs. SuSE

Naturally one shouldn't completely rely on the distro maintainers for all security and updates. I do a barebones net install with woody3.0. apt-get upgrade/update makes maintaining the base system easy. For any critical services or software I always compile from source, applying any patches as necessary. I follow the debian lists religiously, but I've still learned that with security you can trust no one fully but yourself. And sometimes even that's questionable ;)

-Brad Beck