Mailserver HDD organization

Hallo to everyone on the Debian Sec. List,

I'm actually planing to install a new mailserver
on network, the mailserver will substitute an existing
one which runs of course Debain GNU/Linux potato and sendmail.

The new server will be a P266Mhz 128 | 65 MB Ram with 2x 8GB
IBM ULTRA WIDE SCSI HDD and oviously 100 MB network connection.

The software I plan to run on the new server is Debian Potato
with exim as MTA, mailman for the lists and some other stuff.

My real problem is the HDD Organization, the actual server has
all his / (root) in RAID 1 Mirrored via software on two IBM HDD
which each one is 2 GB.

I don't want to have only one big root parition on the new server,
it's not recomanded, isnt' it ?

I was thinking about a partition for /, one for boot, one for
/var/spool/mail and some other important system parts.

Has anyone real-life examples of running mailservers,
maybe some HDD organization infos, MTA infos and other
importante related know-how to run a secure and stable
mailserver on my network.

Thanks for any reply,
Have a nice day...

 -Ivo

 Ivo Marino                    eim@eimbox.org
 UN*X Developer, running Debian GNU/Linux
 irc.OpenProjects.net #debian
 http://eimbox.org