Re: Debian security being trashed in Linux Today comments

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 09:53:15AM -0500, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:37:50PM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > So perhaps Debian security is only as good as the package maintainers?
> > I'm sure most maintainers do care and do investigate bugs I probably
> > just had a bad experience.
> That is the case in unstable and testing, but not stable.

You seem to be implying I was talking about woody or sid yet the bug in
the BTS says "potato".

> That is why you're encouraged to run stable on any machine connected
> to the internet.  In its case, there is a group within Debian who is
> responsible for providing security updates in a timely manner with or
> without assistance from the package maintainer.

I should probably have emailed security-team instead of security when I
found the bug.  Ho hum.

--
----------(  <Lefinnois[away]> huggie: dans ton troupeau de  )----------
Simon ----(     clef public c'est la quelle la bonne ?       )---- Nomis