Re: Debian security being trashed in Linux Today comments

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:37:50PM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> So perhaps Debian security is only as good as the package maintainers?
> I'm sure most maintainers do care and do investigate bugs I probably
> just had a bad experience.

That is the case in unstable and testing, but not stable.  That is why
you're encouraged to run stable on any machine connected to the
internet.  In its case, there is a group within Debian who is
responsible for providing security updates in a timely manner with or
without assistance from the package maintainer.

noah