Re: Debian security being trashed in Linux Today comments

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 09:23:20AM +0100, Lupe Christoph wrote:
> On Monday, 2002-01-14 at 23:20:21 -0400, Peter Cordes wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:25:11PM -0500, Jeremy L. Gaddis wrote:
>
> >  I recompressed it as a real PNG, and attached it to this mail, for your
> > viewing pleasure :)  PNG gets 3.5 times better compression, probably because
> > this image only uses 8 bits of colour, and the xwd was 24bit.
>
> I hadn't tried to view it when it first came around. As a graph,
> it is not very impressive. Hard to judge x and y for any point on
> the curve. This would probably be better done as a histogram.

	Well. Take in account it was done somewhat in a hurry... IIRC
	x = number of days taken to fix bug
	y = number of bugs fixed

> >  Someone else mentioned that this graph should go up on a website, but
> > someone else shot them down.  I think the suggestion was just for this image

	I did not "shot him down" just said I did not think it
would be possible. Problem is, debiandoc-sgml has no support for inline
images.

> I still think a table and graph would be a god addition to the security
> FAQ, as an answer to the question "How long does Debian take to
> fix known vulnerabilities". Tne table could go in the FAQ, and the
> graph could be linked. (Dunno how the FAQ gets set up, but I guess
> there will be an ASCII-only version.)

	Already did it yesterday (except for th column with the data).
See
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch11.en.html#s11.3

	Regards

	Javi