Re: Blends framework for Debian Math (Was: Science Subgroups [was Re: Debian Math Team])

Hi Gard,

Am Sun, Nov 07, 2021 at 04:38:09PM +0100 schrieb Gard Spreemann:

> >> Aha! Thanks for teaching me. I'll fix these things.
> >>
> >> Where are these task files documented, by the way?
> >
> >    https://blends.debian.org/blends/ch06.html
> >
> > You could hopefully find the Blends doc easily when going to
> >
> >    https://blends.debian.org
> >
> > --> if not please let me know how to enhance the pointers to
> > the docs.
>
> I could not find the documentation for fields like "Task" and
> "Description", but that could just be me.

May be also this chapter is worth reading:

   https://blends.debian.org/blends/apb.html

It at least documents "Description" - but you are right "Task"
is not covered by the documentation.  I'd recommend to simply
check the examples of Debian Science and see where it shows up
on the Web Sentinel.

> > ;-)
>
> I've made a new merge request with the packages I added before now split
> out into separate task files. I landed on keeping the whole MSC2020 code
> + name, even though it's quite verbose. Maybe we'll change that later.

I repeat what I commented on your MR here:

  I merged this MR. However, for my taste the task names are a bit long.
  If you consider that these tasks will be turned into binary packages
  named math-your-very-long-names this is somehow inconvenient for users.
  If I were you I would try to find shorter names. BTW, you have push
  permissions and can push directly.