Re: Blends framework for Debian Math (Was: Science Subgroups [was Re: Debian Math Team])

Hi Gard,

Am Thu, Nov 04, 2021 at 11:02:49AM +0100 schrieb Gard Spreemann:
> > I've pushed the code for the metapackages to
> >
> >     https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/math/
> >
> > and made
> >
> >     Doug Torrance
> >     Julien Puydt
> >     Timo Röhling
> >
> > members of the Blends team to enable currating these files (which should
> > be **really** done before announcing anything since its just a copy of the
> > two tasks from debian-science and does not make any sense in this form.)
>
> Stupid questions: What packages should go into the task?

That's not a stupid question but the key question!

> All mathematics
> packages? How do the categories work, and what conditions warrant a new
> category?

You need to ask the mathematicians what might be sensible tasks.
The tasks mathematics and mathematics-dev are definitely non-sense
but it was the easiest way for me to kickstart something.

Please keep in mind that tasks should be user oriented and should fit
the work ... the tasks! ... users are doing.  Its extremely important to
understand that one package can be in *several* tasks.

So you can start with your own work, what you need and find a good
field / category for your own work and put all these into a task.