Re: Add to salsa group + sundials update

Dear James,

Le samedi 19 octobre 2019 à 17:40 +1100, James Tocknell a écrit :
> Cool, thanks, I've pushed my changes. It looks like the fortran
> libraries are almost trivial (there's only a few functions, which
> only call sundials functions), so I've added lintian ignores for the
> non-linking to them. As there's an ABI break, we probably should
> upload 4.1 to experimental (not unstable), so octave and others don't
> FTBFS. I haven't dug into what new features are available in 4.1, so
> I'm going to look at what new things can be activated (things like
> cuda are obviously out, but I'll see what new backends I can switch
> on), but feel free to upload as is (I only added a snapshot to the
> changelog, so adding a new entry should be the only thing to do
> before uploading).

Thanks. I just uploaded the package to experimental, so we now have to
wait until it clears the NEW queue.

There are several minor issues that it would be nice to fix for the
next upload.

Lintian reports several info level tags, among which:

I: sundials source: duplicate-short-description libsundials-arkode3 libsundials-sunlinsol2 libsundials-sunmatrix2
I: sundials source: duplicate-long-description libsundials-sunlinsol2 libsundials-sunmatrix2
I: sundials source: license-file-listed-in-debian-copyright LICENSE
I: sundials source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright config/FindMPI.cmake (paragraph at line 56)
I: sundials source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright config/SundialsMPIC.cmake (paragraph at line 56)
I: sundials source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright config/SundialsMPIF.cmake (paragraph at line 56)
I: sundials source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright config/SundialsPETSc.cmake (paragraph at line 56)
I: sundials source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright config/SundialsFortran90.cmake (paragraph at line 145)
I: sundials source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright config/SundialsMPICXX.cmake (paragraph at line 145)
I: sundials source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright config/SundialsMPIF90.cmake (paragraph at line 145)
I: sundials source: debian-watch-uses-insecure-uri http://computation.llnl.gov/projects/sundials/sundials-software
I: sundials source: out-of-date-standards-version 4.2.1 (released 2018-08-25) (current is 4.4.1)
I: libsundials-sunlinsol2: symbols-file-missing-build-depends-package-field

Also, adequate reports the following dangling symbolic links:

  libsundials-dev: broken-symlink /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsundials_fsunnonlinsolfixedpoint.so -> libsundials_fsunnonlinsolfixedpoint.so.1
  libsundials-dev: broken-symlink /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsundials_fsunnonlinsolnewton.so -> libsundials_fsunnonlinsolnewton.so.1
  libsundials-dev: broken-symlink /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsundials_sunnonlinsolfixedpoint.so -> libsundials_sunnonlinsolfixedpoint.so.1
  libsundials-dev: broken-symlink /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsundials_sunnonlinsolnewton.so -> libsundials_sunnonlinsolnewton.so.1

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer