Re: Add to salsa group + sundials update

Cool, thanks, I've pushed my changes. It looks like the fortran libraries are almost trivial (there's only a few functions, which only call sundials functions), so I've added lintian ignores for the non-linking to them. As there's an ABI break, we probably should upload 4.1 to experimental (not unstable), so octave and others don't FTBFS. I haven't dug into what new features are available in 4.1, so I'm going to look at what new things can be activated (things like cuda are obviously out, but I'll see what new backends I can switch on), but feel free to upload as is (I only added a snapshot to the changelog, so adding a new entry should be the only thing to do before uploading).

James

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 20:18, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr> wrote:
done
De : Sébastien Villemot [sebastien@debian.org]
Envoyé : samedi 12 octobre 2019 10:41
À : debian-science@lists.debian.org
Objet : Re: Add to salsa group + sundials update

Hi James,

Thanks for working on sundials.

Le vendredi 11 octobre 2019 à 18:17 +1100, James Tocknell a écrit :

> Can someone give me access to the salsa group (my username is
> aragilar-guest, same as it was on alioth)?

Actually you are already a member of the Science Team group on salsa.
However, you have only “Developer” status, which means that you cannot
push to (protected branches of) repositories.

Could some group owner grant James the “Maintainer” level for the
sundials repository?

> I've got an almost working update of sundials (from 3.1.1. to 4.1 -
> see aragilar-guest/sundials, though I need to clean up the commits).
> Lintian is flagging that the fortran wrappers are now not linking to
> libc, however looking at the code they do not seem to require a
> direct link to libc (they only explicitly depend on the equivalent C
> library), would anyone know if that's a bug in lintian or gfortran?

What do you mean by “they only explicitly depend on the equivalent C
library”?

In any case, if you’re sure that your binaries don’t require any symbol
from the libc, it’s ok to override the lintian warnings.

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer

--
Don't send me files in proprietary formats (.doc(x), .xls, .ppt etc.). It isn't good enough for Tim Berners-Lee, and it isn't good enough for me either. For more information visit http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.

 - Henrik Tikkanen

If you're not messing with your sanity, you're not having fun.
 - James Tocknell

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.